The Slovenian Armed Forces provide military defence independently or within an alliance, in accordance with international agreements.
In co-operation with the Alliance:
- provide military defence of the Republic of Slovenia (RS),
- deter military aggression against the Republic of Slovenia,
- re-establish national sovereignty on the entire territory,
- contribute to international peace and stability.
- maintain operational readiness,
- activate and mobilise forces,
- deploy forces to the area of operation,
- conduct defensive operations,
- conduct offensive operations.
- contribute to international peace, security and stability,
- support in ensuring the safety and welfare of RS citizens.
Composition of the Slovenian Armed Forces
The active component is composed of professional Slovenian Armed Forces members, while the reserve component includes citizens who have signed a contract for service in the contracted reserve and members of the compulsory reserve component who are obliged to serve in the reserve component.
Composition of the Slovenian Armed Forces - updated in September 2008
The active component includes professional servicemembers: soldiers, non-commissioned officers, officers, uniformed specialists (military personnel) and civilians. Civilians are employed within the armed forces; however, they do not perform military service.
Active Component of the Slovenian Armed Forces - updated in September 2008
Additional information available at:
- Slovenian Armed Forces
- Ministry of Defence